Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Glowing Review: Lippy In London

They love us across the pond in London.  Read this lovely review from Lippy in London.  Thank you Hannah Rose for the lovely words!

Tan on Trial #1: Prtty Peaushun



In honour of the beginning of Summer, I'm going to be putting a series of faux tanners, bronzers and body beautifiers to the test and sharing my thoughts on Lippy in London.

First off the block is something a little unusual, a little different yet truly fantastic - the Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion.

Prtty Peaushun ( pronounced pretty potion) is a body lotion with a twist - an illuminating, slimming, moisturising, light reflecting bronzing oil that hides imperfections and gives the skin an oh-so-flattering healthy glow.




What does it do?
The potion promises to minimize the appearance of cellulite, varicose veins, stretch marks and various other lumps, bumps and bits that can leave us girls feeling less than confident in warm weather.
This isn't a fake tanning product, but rather a body beautifier that contains a unique blend of plant extracts that work together to firm and tighten while you get your glow on - a very welcome bonus!

Claims such as these are often far fetched, but I'm telling you first hand after slathering this on my own body that this product delivers on its promises. Rejoice!

The Packaging:
Looking at the product, it's safe to say that this isn't your standard run of the mill packaging. This is down to the fact that its creator, celebrity MUA Bethany Karlyn is environmentally aware and aimed to reduce waste by housing the lotion in 'anti packaging' that will take up minimal space in landfills. The pouch contains 236ml of product and the flexibility of the packaging means I'll be able to squeeze out every last drop of the lovely stuff. No product wastage here!



The Scent:
Prtty Peaushun is made with 92% natural raw ingredients including Avocado Oil and Green Tea so it has a lovely, subtle sort of herbal scent that won't clash with your perfume.


The Consistency:
When I first unscrewed the cap on this, I wasn't quite prepared for how runny it would be and I managed to spill some down my shirt! This was largely down to the fact that I hadn't shaken it up first, so the oil ingredients were sitting on the surface of the formula. Once shaken, it's still considerably runny, but thick enough to keep things under control!

The Price Tag:
At £39 it is on the pricier side, but other brands such as Famous Dave's and St Tropez are in this price range too.
The Verdict:
I adore Prtty Peaushun and I can see it becoming a staple product for me.
A little of this lotion goes a long way and I can see this pouch lasting through most of summer.
Prtty Peaushun is fast absorbing, bronzing, subtly sparkling and smells delish so it gets a big nod from me!
I think I'll be smoothing this on over a fake tan for extra punch this summer.

Click here for the rest of the review and before and after photos:::  http://www.lippyinlondon.com/2012/06/tan-on-trial-1-prtty-peaushun.html

No comments:

Post a Comment