Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling Lucky to be included in this Lucky Community!

Kelsey Nicole, contributor to Lucky Magazine Community and blogger,  wrote this lovely piece about switching over to natural products for her skin care needs.  Of course she had to include Prtty Peaushun!!  Our lotion is made from 92% RAW natural ingredients.   Read about all the amazing products she is resolved to trying this year!



My third and final goal for 2013 is to use more natural beauty products. What do I mean by natural? I mean products without parabens, sulfates, synthetic materials, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, formaldehyde, triclosan, DPD, the list goes on and on.

Last year I read, No More Dirty Looks by Siobhan O'Connor and Alexandra Spunt, and became MUCH more aware of the chemicals in the products I was using on my skin. It is unbelievable how many untested chemicals are floating around in the products we put in contact with our skin everyday (hair care included!).

I often go back to the book, No Dirty Looks, to reread sections and refresh my memory. After reading the book on my Kindle I actually bought it a second time in the paperback version so I flip through it easier (nerd alert!). Another resource I use often is the Skin Deep Cosmetics Database where you can search through over 78,000 products to see how your favorite ones score in terms of safety.

After becoming more educated about the vast amount of untested chemicals I was putting myself in contact with everyday, I began to make small changes in my daily routine and was incredibly happy with the results. This year, my goal is to do more. After a little more experimenting, I am planning to dedicate a entire post or series comparing my former daily routine to my new, natural and organic routine. Here are some green products I would love to try this year:
NYG+Green+Beauty.jpg
1. Harmonic Pureluxe Shampoo // 2. Harmonic Pureluxe Conditioner // 3. josie maran argan lip gloss // 4. W3LL People Narcissist Stick Foundation // 5. Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm // 6. butter london 3 free in cranberry // 7. S.W. Basics Cleanser // 8. kahina Brightening Serum // 9. Dr. Hauschka Volume Mascara // 10. alima pure luminous shimmer eyeshadow // 11. WEN Cleansing Conditioner // 12. rms living luminizer // 13. Dr. Bronner's Organic Lavender Shave Gel // 14. amala Rejuvenating Eye Cream // 15. Josie Maran Argan Oil // 16. Acrue Day Cream // 17. Marie Veronique Organic Anti-Aging Mist // 18. Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Organic Lip Balm // 19. Jason Soothing Aloe Vera Body Wash // 20. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion // 21. Origins Totally Pure Deodorant // 22. Christopher Drummond Eyeliner // 23. Olivella Cleansing Tissues & Makeup Removing Towelettes // 24. 100% Pure Juicy Pink Grapefruit Lipgloss // 25. organic avenue* Love Beauty Cleanse

http://contributors.luckymag.com/post/2013-goal-use-more-natural-beauty-products

No comments:

Post a Comment