Thursday, November 3, 2011

Celeb Love: Tea Leoni

Look who uses Prtty Peaushun!  We are so thrilled, Tea Leoni is an absolute stunner, check out this interview in the NY Times T Magazine Blog!


Face Time | Téa Leoni

Photograph and makeup by Tina Turnbow. Hair by Laurent D.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and after a few days of working with Téa Leoni I was feeling pretty healthy. She was doing press and the premiere for her new movie, “Tower Heist,” opening Nov. 4. She plays a special agent in the movie, which also stars Alan Alda, Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy. I believe her glowing beauty is due, in part, to her honesty, humor and refreshing approach to life. And some products even I had never heard of!
T.T.: You have a sun-kissed glow. What is your sun secret?
T.L.: Aqua Tan self-tanning products and latex gloves! To spice up the glow and moisturize my body, I use Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion. It’s all natural, with 92 percent raw ingredients. It conceals minor imperfections and has arnica in it. For my face I like Jane Iredale Purepressed Base Mineral Foundation in Golden Glow.
T.T.: Do you feel your approach to and appreciation of cosmetics have changed over time?
T.L.: Yes! I’ve always taken a simple approach with my makeup. But about five years ago, I started getting more into it. I started to feel more washed out as I got older. I appreciate how much makeup helps to define my brows and lashes now. And how cheek stains and bronzer give my face more color.
T.T.: What are your everyday makeup essentials?
T.L.: To plump up my lashes I like Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Mascara. I do a little liner on the upper lash line using Sonia Kashuk’s Eye Definer in Iced Coffee. She also has some great cream eye shadows. I define my brows with L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylistpencils. For my cheeks and lips I like Tint Hint by Laura Geller and O-Glow by Smashbox. I like lip products that taste good, something with all-natural ingredients, like Josie Maran’s Argan Lip Treatment. To top it off, I don’t go anywhere without a spritz of my favorite Le Labo fragrance- usually Neroli 36.
T.T.: Whose beauty do you admire and relate to most?
T.L.: I’d have to say Lauren Hutton. I admire her natural simplicity. A flick of mascara, a gap-revealing smile … and done. She is comfortable as is, with what is.
T.T.: Do you have any personal style rules you could share?
T.L.: I like a bit of irony in my style. Modern, vintage, real and fake. I like items with sentimental value. Day to day, I wear Rag & Bone jeans and cowboy boots. My favorite color is every hue of blue. But, you should never wear head-to-toe anything.
T.T.: How do you stay so fit?
T.L.: I just keep moving! I walk a lot. My kids, Miller and West, keep me pretty active, too.
T.T.: Do you keep a close eye on your health?
T.L.: I try. When I’m not treating my body well, it holds up a sign to let me know. I’m really into raw kale salads right now, with cranberries and walnuts. I make this Asian orange dressing that is out of this world.
T.T.: Let’s talk about your lovely hair. You have been working with the hairdresser Laurent D for 25 years. How did you two meet?
T.L.: I moved from New York City to L.A. to work on “Charlie’s Angels” around 1978. The lead hairdresser for the show was José Eber. He introduced me to Laurent D, and we’ve worked together ever since. I use his Privé hair care products. I hate to brush my hair, it gets too fluffy, so I especially like his Finishing Texture Spray. The Privé Concept Vert shampoo and conditioner are great, and 100 percent green. I go to Dawn in the Privé salon in L.A. for my color. They have a full spa there, with head-to-toe beauty treatments, even Botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment